Located in the center of this small rural community with a population of 800 people, this 1950's/1960's era high school, with an enrollment of 450, had not experienced any major facility improvements for decades. In response to a district wide needs assessment and an increasing enrollment, the board decided the top priority was made to put an addition on to the existing high school. This 23,500 sf addition was the first phase of an overall campus master plan. The addition includes a combined cafeteria/auditorium, kitchen, stage, green room/theater classroom, computer classroom, fitness center, event toilets, lobby, and an expansion of the existing student parking lot. For lunch, this tiered seating area can accommodate up to 450 students at round tables, and for performances, can accommodate up to 700 people in rows. The stage and the theatrical lighting and sound system allows for a full range of performance activities.