Health Sciences Center
OSF Healthcare Education Center, Rock Valley College
Rock Valley College's Health Sciences Center features over 100,000 SF of healthcare simulation labs, teaching classrooms, faculty spaces, and student development spaces housed in a new four-story building on Rock Valley College's Rockford, IL campus. The facility features a series of healthcare environments as follows:
• A general nursing lab featuring four private recovery bed stations, five open recovery bed stations, and three private nursing simulation rooms with associated head walls, gases, meds room, nurse's station, and storage areas.
• A certified nursing assistant lab with eight patient bed stations and associated head walls and patient care equipment.
• A respiratory care lab with three adult patient stations and one infant patient station and associated head walls and patient care equipment.
• A phlebotomy lab with two chair draw stations and one bed draw station.
• A surgery suite with two operating rooms and associated prep/scrub area, storage, surgical booms, and other surgical equipment.
• An EMT / paramedic lab with an ambulance simulator.
• A fully-functional, open-to-the-public dental clinic with five private dental operatory rooms, 10 open dental operatory chairs, and an X-ray lab with a stand-up station as well as developing and viewing rooms.
The OSF Healthcare education center also features four practitioner exam rooms and viewing areas, two procedure / labor and delivery rooms, and 10 open exam bays with associated head walls and equipment. These lab spaces provide students with hands-on experience through fully-functional healthcare spaces and equipment, allowing for a more realistic, real-world education.